Jaguar S TYPE V8 R AUTO BLACK LPG
Specifications, pictures and description:
Sale price: £0.01
Car location: United Kingdom
Jaguar S for sale
based on 2 votes )
make an offer
Item Features Jaguar S:
|Reg. Mark:||**02 *** Get the Vehicle Status Report||Manufacturer:||JAGUAR|
|Metallic Paint:||Yes||Model:||S-TYPE V8 R AUTO|
|Drive Side:||Right-hand drive||Reg. Date:||18/04/2002|
|Safety Features:||Tracker, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Driver Airbag, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Immobiliser, Passenger Airbag, Rear seat belts, Safety Belt Pretensioners, Side Airbags, Xenon headlights||Engine Size:||4196 cc|
|Exterior:||Alloy Wheels, Catalytic Converter, Rear Spoiler||Transmission:||6 SPEED AUTO PETROL|
|Interior/Comfort Options:||Air Conditioning, Climate Control, Cruise Control, Electric heated seats, Leather Seats, Parking Sensors, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Locks, Power Seats, Power Windows, Tilt Steering Wheel||Fuel:||GAS BI FUEL|
|In-Car Audio:||AM/FM Stereo, CD Multichanger, CD Player, Navigation System, Premium Sound System||Previous Owners:||7|
Jaguar S Type R - Supercharged with LPG Conversion fitted
I"ve had this car for around 4 months and in that time it has worked well, headline specification I"m sure is familiar to most people, 400bhp supercharged v8 with 0-60 in 5.5seconds, however with an LPG conversion it has the added benefit of also being very fuel efficient. The LPG tank is in the spare wheel well, but a space saver wheel is also supplied. The car is also highly specified with voice control, sat nav, multi disc player and a IPOD / aux in port added, additionally comes with radar cruise control and xenon headlights. The car is also fitted with a tracker. There is a folder of invoices from the previous owners and this car has clearly had very little expense spared on maintenance.
Since I"ve had the car I"ve had the following work done
1) Replacement of coolant header tank (as this was leaking) - very common fault and can cause downstream issues if not fixed2) Replacement of supercharger belt 3) New battery 4) Investigation and repair of wiring loom to climate control unit, and resolution of issue with disparate vent temperatures (passenger side fully hot!)5) Checking of the supercharger (I thought it was noisy, the Jaguar specialists have advised me it"s the right tolerances of noisy for the type of car - and not something to be concerned about)
The work has been done by a Jaguar specialist garage and receipts etc are included. Additionally work carried out by previous owners is included with a massive folder of invoices, receipts and history. The service book is stamped though not complete (it was however serviced at around 140k miles). The car has been very little used in the last two years and the mileage records show this, again full details supplied. Just before I bought the car the following work was carried out by the garage I bought it from
1) Replacement of heater control valve2) Replacement of radar cruise control module 3) Re-gas of air conditioning
The car now works well, including the cruise control etc. The lpg works as it should do and the car switches over when up to temperature without fail. The following things need to be highlighted
1) There are a few marks around the car as would be expected for this age vehicle, the condition is generally very good however, there is a very small tear on the side bolster of the drivers seat, this doesn"t appear to be growing and could be repaired fairly easily, there is a small patch of rust near the rear passenger side rear wheel arch, this is below the paint and not a significant size. There are some stone chips on the front
2) The lpg system switches over a little to early if left on automatic - on short runs it"s better to leave it on petrol generally - it still runs okay, but you can feel a slight roughness on LPG till up to temperature
3) The supercharger belt is noisy till the engine is up to temperature - I believe this is because it is running with the newer style belt on the older style pulleys. By noisy I mean irritatingly noisy (though you can"t hear it from inside the car particularly) the sound does go away when the engine is warm.
4) The air conditioning seems to cut in only when the engine has been run for a few minutes (I"m not sure why, but on a hot day it seems to work once the temperature gets to the mid point and you"ve gone at a fair speed... it then works as it should). Climate control works until then, but is noticeably not air conditioned. It does always cut in however and once cut in always works. It may be worth checking the RCCM but it has been tested and seemed okay.
5) There is some vibration through the steering wheel at around 50-65 mph - I believe this is just wheel balance.
The car is being sold as I have switched to a hybrid, if you have questions please let me know and do feel free to come and inspect. If you want to drive it, you must have comprehensive insurance and prove this before we set off anywhere. The car will be sold to the highest bidder and I do not intend to end the auction early as I don"t see this as fair to the other bidders. Please do let me know of any questions.
Advertised again as the first winner appears unable or unwilling to complete - if you bid on this auction I ask that you do that and are serious about owning the car. I am happy for people to test drive before the auction ends, and indeed to verify the accuracy of the auction. But I do ask that you have your own COMPREHENSIVE insurance for the car unless you want to put down the cost of the car as a deposit against any mishaps. Please contact me with any questions. On auction closure I would like contact from the winning bidder within 24 hrs and a plan for collection.
Want to buy this Jaguar S car?
Contact the seller for the description of the cars listed
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Other Jaguar cars for sale offered via internet auctions:
£500.00S Type 3.0 Auto
£9,495.002006 XJ Series 2.7TDVi auto XJ
£3,799.000555 X TYPE 2.0D S TURBO DIESEL 79K SH
£400.002001 X TYPE V6 SPORT SILVER