Daewoo Kalos 1.4
Specifications, pictures and description:
Sale price: £0.99
Car location: United Kingdom
Daewoo Kalos 1.4 for sale
based on 8 votes )
make an offer
Item Features Daewoo Kalos 1.4:
|Used : An item that has been previously used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions– opens in a new window or tab|
|“See item description for detail of condition.”|
|Engine Size:||1.4||MOT Expiry:||201909|
|Colour:||Red||V5 Registration Document:||Present|
|Doors:||5||Service History Available:||Partial|
Perhaps you’re looking for a car that moves you not just physically, but also emotionally. Maybe you’re looking for the hairs on the back of your neck to stand on end as soon as you grip the steering wheel. Are you hankering for a truly sensational driving experience? Then this is absolutely not the car for you.
Designed by Giogetto Giugiaro, the very same man that brought us design icons such as the MK1 Volkswagon Golf, the Lotus Esprit S1, the De Tomaso Mangusta and finally, the truly jaw-dropping Zastava Yugo. He also designed a handgun and a pasta shape, so the man is clearly a legend.
Let’s be honest though, Giugiaro most likely knocked this one out on the back of a napkin in an Italian restaurant on a Sunday afternoon, probably whilst enjoying a glass of grappa and a cigarette.
This particular car has been an absolutely solid runner for a few years now, but the MOT is up and it’s no longer needed. It’s time for someone else to grab a slice of South Korean motoring history.
This Kalos has travelled the equatorial circumference of Earth over three times, but it’s been on some long journeys recently (not quite around the world), and has never missed a beat. Mileage reads 81671.
Externally, the car is in good order. The odd mark here or there, but no nasty dings or scrapes. It could do with a good clean but I can’t be bothered.
The engine is an absolute peach. Daewoo Motors licensed and produced a variant of the ‘Family 1’ engine, which is an extremely common engine mainly found in Vauxhalls. Super easy to work on and parts are cheap.
It’s just had new discs and pads on the front. All four tyres have loads of burnouts and handbrake turns left in them.
The interior is also in good order. it would benefit from a good clean. The first time my Mum got in the car she exclaimed, “Wow, this is… basic”, but what does she know?
This car shares many of its mechanical components with other General Motors vehicles, This means a lot of the parts are easily sourced new, or second hand because Corsa’s quite frequently end up in ditches all over England.
Things that I know are wrong with the car:
- The exhaust is blowing at the flexipipe. A new front section of the exhaust can be purchased for around £40. If you like hanging out in Mcdonalds car parks with your mates and listening to drum and bass, you’ll probably think it sounds “pretty sick”, but unfortunately it will probably not pass the MOT with this fault.
- The driver’s side electric window is extremely stiff. It will move if assisted, but it will need attention if you intend on frequenting the Mcdonalds drive-thru on a regular basis.
- The offside rear door handle has broken off, but it can still be opened.
- The self cancelling indicator mechanism doesn"t work.
- One of the wheel trims is missing. Nothing that a trip to Halfords can’t sort!
- The electric passenger side mirror adjustment knob has had the surround broken off making it slightly challenging to adjust the mirror, but it does still work and most people enjoy a good challenge. (Surround still in car so repair possible)
Things that I don’t know are wrong with the car:
To summarise, this is a sweet little motor that won’t need much work to get it though the MOT. It comes with 2 keys and a bit of history.
Just to be clear, the MOT HAS EXPIRED, so it will need to be trailered away or driven away at your own peril,
Cash on collection.
Want to buy this Daewoo Kalos 1.4 car?
Contact the seller for the description of the cars listed
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Other Daewoo cars for sale offered via internet auctions:
£290.002000 Matiz 0.8 SE+ Petrol
£275.00Matiz SE 0.8
£290.002000 Matiz 0.8 SE+ Petrol
£975.00Kalos 1.2 Xtra Hatchback 5d 1150cc