Bentley Turbo R SWB Red Label Graphite Metallic Parchment Hides 86k miles
Specifications, pictures and description:
Sale price: £18,500.00
Car location: United Kingdom
Bentley Turbo R for sale
based on 8 votes )
make an offer
Item Features Bentley Turbo R:
|Used : An item that has been previously used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions– opens in a new window or tab|
|“In fantastic condition benefiting from a huge recommisionming investment this year.”|
|Model:||Turbo R||Exterior:||Alloy Wheels|
|Colour:||Grey||V5 Registration Document:||Present|
|Safety Features:||Rear seat belts||Particulate Filter:||Yes|
|In-Car Audio:||AM/FM Stereo, CD Multichanger, CD Player, Premium Sound System||Manufacturer:||Bentley|
|MOT Expiry:||202209||Engine Size:||6.8|
|Interior/Comfort Options:||Air Conditioning, Climate Control, Cruise Control, Electric heated seats, Leather Seats, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Locks, Power Seats||Power:||330|
|Service History Available:||Yes||Fuel:||Petrol|
This Bentley Turbo R (red label) was originally supplied by Jack Barclay
in April 1991 to Colin Sanders Founder/Chairman of Solid State Logic PLC, an
inventor of analogue and digital music consoles to most of the music industry
including names such as Fleetwood Mac, Kiss, Whitesnake, SAW, Fugees, Peter
Gabriel etc etc. No surprise then the first registration this car wore was MUS1C - how very fitting. In the car was bought by another musician. There
is a CD of his in the history folder. Sadly Colin Sanders was killed in a
helicopter crash in 1998.
The car had many options fitted as can been seen in the original build sheets and invoice that comes with this car in a large folder.
* opening rear seat armrest
* roll top lid to stowage bin
* loose foot rests (with the car still)
* grab handles to both rear seats
* Individual cushons to rear seats
* badge bar front bumper
* radiator shell painted, bright chrome vents
* left boot badge red Bentley
* right boot badge red Turbo R
* front wing badges red Turbo R
* rear quarter badges red B
* switchable air horns - working pefectly
* solid mahogany trim
* Mahogany acc panel console slot
* sports seats
* fire extinguisher - front seat valance - still present
* grab handles to both front seats
* fixed rear seat
* individual squab - rear seat
* Sundym tinted windscreen and glass
* R.T trim kit x 2 opening front armrests
* R.T quarter wave electric aerial - works perfectly
* charcoal lambswool rugs
* upgraded radio and Alpine amplifiers
* rear parcel shelf bass unit speaker
Registered 4 April 1991 (H) - Last of the non-cat cars
86k miles supported by paperwork
Graphite metallic grey, completely stripped and resprayed this year by D & B Coachworks, all pictures/video available. The car was in good condition as can be seen by the pic of the car on the trailer being delivered when i bought it, but the paint was dull plus it had a few dings and a small blister around the top of the rear windscreen.
Parchment hides which were professionaly cleaned and treated in June 2021.
Rare solid Mahogany wood dash and door trims, different to most that are veneered. I had these professionally restored and French polished this year as had flaking lacquer on the top.
Grey carpets fitted new as old ones were faded to green and looked poor. I"ve kept a small sample to show difference.
Charcoal Lambswool rugs which are original, a little worn underneath, but top looks great and still soft and fluffy.
Twin hand painted fine lines in Parchment professionally handpainted onto the car after the respray in July 2021.
Large service history file detailing the following services:
26. 6. 91 @ 3117 miles Jack Barclay London
23. 10. 91 @ 7029 miles Jack Barclay London
13. 1. 92 @9217 miles Jack Barclay London
23. 10. 92 @ 15667 miles Jack Barclay London
09. 08. 93 @21365 miles Jack Barclay London
9. 9. 94 @ 26541 miles Jack Barclay London
14. 4. 95 @ 29533 miles Jack Barclay London
11. 10. 95 @ 31062 miles Michael Powles Norwich
8. 7. 96 @ 35185 miles Michael Powles Norwich
20. 11. 96 @ 41204 miles Hadley Green RR Garage Barnet
5. 3. 97 @ 45727 miles HR Owen London
10. 12. 97 @ 48642 miles P&A Wood, Essex
13. 7. 99 @ 60318 miles P&A Wood Essex
10. 12. 00 @ 64, 632 miles Cowdray Car Centre
5. 12. 01 @ 68427 miles Cowdray Car Centre
26. 4. 02 @ 69721 miles Cowdray Car Centre
8. 12. 03 @ 74842 miles Autocare Garage
8. 1. 05 @ 78221 miles SP Broughton
13. 1. 06 @ 81440 miles SP Broughton
4. 3. 16 @ 86059 miles Guy Salmon
18. 8. 21 @ 86262 miles Nigel Sandell (fuel injection system repairs)
It has had a huge investment throughout 2021 with a complete strip down, glass out respray by D &;B Coachworks and mechanical work by renowned RR and Bentley specialist Nigel Sandell. The car now drives and stops faultlessly.
New parts fitted:
New fuel injection system metering head distribution unit
New fuel lines
2 new Bosch fuel pumps
New spark plugs
New fuel filters
New air filter
New oil filter and oil
New idle control valves
New brake pressure accumulators
New suspension pressure accumulators
New Continental tyres x 4
New carpets throughout (grey had faded to green)
New windscreen rubbers as part of a total strip and respray
New window regulator - driver"s door
Interior Mahogany wood restored and French polished
New gas springs on the rear
Brakes calipers unseized and refurbished
New MOT - no advisories
A/ C converted to R134A and regassed
New locking wheel centre locks and keys
.... the list is almost endless.
Everything on this Turbo R works as it should, though I think the outside temp guage is ambitious at times.
This car also had £20k worth of audio installed from factory by Bentley for Mr Sanders. The sound is sensational with 5 amps, uprated speakers installed in the doors and dash, plus a huge sub beautifully tailored into the leather on the rear parcel shelf. It also has a very tuneable cross over panel to make minut adjustments to the audio sound.
Car comes with a large file of receipts, build sheets, spec list, original order form and sales invoice, warrantly cards, some old MOTs, leather Bentley wallet with stamped service book, operation manual, stereo manual, warranty booklets etc etc.Exactly what you need for a good investment grade collector car.
Drives absolutely beautifully, smooth, quiet and fast.
Relaunctant sale as grey/ parchment not that easy to find, tookd me ages, but need the money to invest in business sadly.
Car is located in KT12, viewing by appointment.
I have hundred of pics from respray, and the day I bought it to show no rust. Please call or WhattsApp 07721 426026
Want to buy this Bentley Turbo R car?
Contact the seller for the description of the cars listed
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Other Bentley cars for sale offered via internet auctions:
£22,000.00Continental 6.0 GT 2dr Coupe Petrol
£24,999.002004 Continental GT 6.0 W12 2dr Auto
£54,995.002012 CONTIENTAL GTC MULLINER W12 2
£105,000.00Continental GTC 4.0 V8 S Mulliner